Do you want to work at the forefront of technologies?
HeleCloud™ is a fast-growing technology consultancy and managed services business focused on the AWS platform. We take our clients on a complete journey into the Cloud and work closely with businesses to develop a Cloud roadmap, ensuring that their transition into the Cloud is smooth, secure, and adds value to the organisation. We don’t just stop at making technology work for our clients, we ensure that their teams also understand the Cloud as well as we do and can make the most of it. We operate across EMEA with offices in the Netherlands, UK and Bulgaria. We are expanding our teams with a SysOps Engineer.
We are a bunch of cloud and automation enthusiasts helping customers benefit from using the cloud. You will be part of the broader Cloud Operations organisation but working for HeleCloud as a customer. Apart from yourself, there will be 2 other people handling internal matters – a System Administrator and an Information Security Officer. Anyone maintaining the internal HeleCloud systems can transition to handling AWS environments as their next career step.
Our internal infrastructure has almost no hardware, save for the network equipment in the office and the laptops. We have a variety of laptop models and operating systems, but the majority are Windows and Mac. We use Microsoft 365 and the Atlassian Stack heavily so you will need to be fairly familiar with them. The rest is all AWS.
You will be the highest technical authority for all internal infrastructure – Microsoft 365 and Atlassian, laptops and their associated OS and applications, networks, data lake systems, websites and other resources on AWS. Your role would be to take governance of the internal infrastructure and continuously find ways to optimise it – see what we can automate, re-architect or re-configure to make everyone’s lives easier. You will also play a key role in the ISO 27001 audit that we undergo every year and any other compliance standards that we may adopt.
You have extensive experience doing system administration, enjoy the opportunity to help people and automate things. You like a dynamic environment where something is always happening because that is the opposite of boring. And learning new things is like an anti-boredom vaccine so you do that often and regularly. You describe yourself as a self-motivated individual who appreciates simple and lazy solutions.
The below skills will make you successful at this job, but we don’t expect to find all of them in every candidate. Except for English – we expect that from everyone.
- Very good understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac OS;
- Experience in scripting on any of the following: Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby
- Very good understanding of Microsoft 365 (incl. AzureAD, Office 365, MS 365 admin services);
- Excellent understanding of network protocols, VPN, and encryption;
- Good understanding of Identity & Access Management, applying the least-privilege access principle;
- Experience with one of the following will be considered a big plus:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Atlassian stack
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other departments;
- Very good English
Why should you join our team?
- A competitive compensation consisting of a base salary, corporate benefits, and bonuses
- Work-life balance
- Learning Friday – 4 hours every week dedicated to personal development, exam preparation, mentoring, internal initiatives and more
- Working with pan-European and global customers and projects
- A culture that promotes learning, and personal development
- Your ideas, opinions, and decisions count: you can shape the future of the company, the business, the various industries where you are going to work
- You will be at the forefront of the Cloud services revolution from day one.
- You will be given opportunities to grow career-wise in managed services, professional services, internal engineering, consulting, sales, and business development
- Provide technical and business thought leadership: speaking at internal and external events, customer, and partner conventions; publish whitepapers, blogs, articles in the press, etc.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality in accordance with the law.
HeleCloud offers equal opportunities. All candidates will be treated equally during recruitment and selection procedures and no distinction will be made based on race, religion, belief, political affiliation, nationality, sexual orientation, sex, and marital status.