Do you want to work at the forefront of technologies?
Sofia | Bulgaria
HeleCloud™ is a fast-growing technology consultancy and Cloud Operations business focused on the AWS platform. We take our clients on a complete journey into the Cloud and work closely with businesses to develop a Cloud roadmap, ensuring that their transition into the Cloud is smooth, secure, and cost-efficient. We don’t just stop at making technology work for our clients, we ensure that their teams also understand the Cloud as well as we do and can make the most of it. We operate across EMEA with offices in the Netherlands, UK and Bulgaria. We are expanding our team with AWS CloudOps Engineers.
We are a bunch of cloud and automation enthusiasts helping customers benefit from using the cloud. Since AWS changes every day and each customer is different, we spend a lot of time learning new technologies. Some of us work on all customer environments, while others are focused on 2-3 customers primarily. We have a daily stand-up to keep in sync, and a balcony (virtual as well) where we have coffee with our teammates over non-work conversations and jokes. We take great pride in our sense of humor!
We live and breathe Infrastructure as Code. We have a close relationship with Terraform, Ansible, Python, and bash and a more distant relationship with CloudFormation and PowerShell. We use the Atlassian Stack for ticket, source code, and documentation management.
Our customers have either just migrated to the cloud or have used it for a few years already. In both cases, we are their partners in the cloud journey, helping them achieve reliable, immutable, secure, and cost-efficient infrastructure. This means more than half of our time is spent making changes -from simple IP whitelists to CI/CD pipeline modifications. We rely on ITIL for change management to ensure we avoid incidents, but we don’t follow the framework by the book. We have regular calls with customers to prioritise backlog items and discuss improvement initiatives.
You have a passion for automation and cloud. The abstraction and complexity of it excites you. You’ve already done some Operations work where you took care of conventional data center environments with Linux and Windows servers, networking, middleware, and the like. You have dipped your toes in at least one scripting or programming language and can read and edit code written by someone else as minimum.
You are an analytical thinker who knows that brains are for thinking and not remembering so you write things down for your sake as well as your teammates’. You like a good challenge and can’t imagine working somewhere where you follow Standard Operating Procedures and KB articles 8 hours a day. Learning is like breathing to you and you firmly believe that you’re as good as dead if you stop keeping up with the latest in technology.
You understand the concept of change management and appreciate that well-designed processes make for a consistent service quality. You enjoy helping customers and can find the balance between what they want, what they need, and what the scope of our service is.
The below skills will make you successful at this job, but we don’t expect to find all of them in every candidate. Except English – we totally expect that from everyone.
- OS in-depth knowledge (Windows, Linux, or why not both)
- Scripting and/or Infrastructure as Code
- Infrastructure and/or network management knowledge and experience
- Experience working with customers in technical positions
- Network and application security knowledge
- Working experience with Cloud technologies
- Very good English
Why should you join our team?
- A competitive compensation consisting of a base salary, corporate benefits, and bonuses
- Work-life balance
- Working with pan-European and global customers and projects
- A culture that promotes learning, and personal development
- Your ideas, opinions, and decisions count: you can shape the future of the company, the business, the various industries where you are going to work
- You will be at the forefront of the Cloud services revolution from day one;
- You will be given opportunities to grow career-wise in Cloud Operations, professional services, internal engineering, consulting, sales and business development
- Provide technical and business thought leadership: speaking at internal and external events, customer and partner conventions; publish whitepapers, blogs, articles in the press, etc.
HeleCloud offers equal opportunities. All candidates will be treated equally during recruitment and selection procedures and no distinction will be made based on race, religion, belief, political affiliation, nationality, sexual orientation, sex, and marital status.